Our Job Description
We are wealth managers. We help successful individuals, business owners, families and trusts to plan for the future. We then manage investments and monitor the performance of those investments against that plan.
Our Financial Planning Process
We operate the standard financial planning process best described by the Institute of Financial Planning.
We create your sound financial plan in six steps:
- Establish your goals in life – short, medium and long term.
- Establish the level of assets and liabilities you have.
- Evaluate your current financial position – how close are you to achieving your goals.
- Develop your plan – create a “route map” for achieving your different goals.
- Implement your plan – making the changes that should bring about the change.
- Monitor and review your plan at least yearly and make adjustments when needed.
10 years of helping clients meet their goals
We have run our business like this since 2005, but since 2013 all firms have begun to work pretty much this way. If you would like to find out why most firms will be run in this way in the future, read our blog.
As Certified Financial Planners we could simply perform the process above without advising you on any investment whatsoever. However our clients prefer us to manage their investments too.
Our Investment Management Process
It is our investment management process that marks us out from the crowd. We feel most clients only want the one trusted adviser firm that helps with both the financial planning and also the investment management. By managing your savings actively, we can better help you to achieve your financial goals. Again our investment management process is split into six stages.
HMRC believe an adviser’s role in the retail investment market will normally involve them entering into arrangements with the customer under which they might:
- Gather information about the customer (fact-find).
- Carry out research to find suitable investment options.
- Provide the customer with reports, financial health-checks, forecasts
- recommend specific investment products to the customer, including an indication of the prices at which these can be arranged.
- With the agreement of the customer, contact the product provider(s) on their behalf and act between the provider and the customer with a view to arranging the sale of the Retail Investment Products.
- Where the customer agrees to an ongoing review service, monitor the customer’s ongoing position on a periodic basis to ensure that the products continue to meet the requirements of the customer.
You can see there are many parallels with the two processes and in the vast majority of cases they are run seamlessly together.
Our investment proposition is simple. First control the costs. Take a look at the results we have achieved for our clients over the last 3 years.