A Platforms role
A platform is our outsourced administrative arm. It allows us to;
- Send you income and withdrawals.
- Allow you to invest into a tax wrapper (product) such as a pension or an ISA .
- Allows you to get a valuation 24/7 and to monitor all transactions that take place.
- Hold all your cash and other assets such as shares securely.
- Make and settle any trades which we decide to make on your behalf.
- Report to financial regulators and HMRC as necessary.
This is not an exhaustive list, but I’m sure you get the picture. Admin, admin and more admin. It leaves us free to do what we do best; offer regulated financial planning and advice and manage your life savings through both the good times and the bad.
Additional Platform Added
Since we commenced using platforms in 2003 we have used just 3.
- SIPPcentre which became Investcentre.
- Selestia which became Skandia which became Old Mutual.
- Nucleus which in around 12 months time will probably become James Hay.
This week we added a fourth. Welcome to Transact. Here follows the blog I never thought I would write.Continue reading “Service Update”